Mono-block Reference Power Amplifier
Nothing less than the most.
Quite simply, this is the ultimate Emotiva power amplifier. Packed inside this massive 99 pound, rock-solid, jewel-finished chassis, resides decades of design expertise and hundreds of man-hours of fine-tuning. The XPR-1 Reference Series fully balanced mono-block power amplifier resets the bar when it comes to “audiophile” mono-block amplification. Found elsewhere, this level of performance would sell for thousands more, and still would not offer Emotiva’s legendary reliability, sound quality, and industry leading support.
You can never have too much power, and the XPR-1 will not disappoint. With one thousand watts of power into 8 ohms and nearly two thousand watts into 4 ohms, the XPR-1 reaches new levels of realism and unlocks the true potential of high-resolution audio sources.
In terms of sonic refinement, the XPR-1’s fully balanced Differential Reference™ design topology delivers pinpoint imaging and immersive detail; together with a relaxed sense of authority, and of course, absolute control. Only a carefully executed balanced design topology, backed by massive power reserves can convey this sense of realism and dynamics.
The XPR-1 represents the end game in audiophile amplification, and it is fully capable of driving the most difficult loudspeakers to their full potential. Make the XPR-1’s the foundation of your audio system, and prepare yourself for a transcendent audio experience. You’ve never really heard your speakers before—believe us!
Like all Reference Series components, the XPR-1’s are striking in appearance. They will become the focal point of your system. Ownership of the XPR-1 offers an endless source of pleasure and amazement. A precision-machined, 1” billet aluminum, multi-element faceplate, with laser embossing, and hand polished detailing is worthy of fine jewelry. Massive gold-plated input and output connectors are on hand to ensure maximum signal fidelity and lossless power transmission. Inside, a huge 2.5kVA toroidal transformer—itself weighing over 30 lbs.—along with a massive low ESR capacitor bank powers a fully balanced, audiophile caliber Optimized Class H™ power amplifier crafted from premium components, including precision metal film resistors, film capacitors, multilayer glass epoxy PCB’s. Advanced operating features, extensive circuit protection, versatile and innovative output metering system are under the control of a powerful ARM microprocessor.
Performance beyond “the best of the best.” It’s not just another empty slogan. The Emotiva Reference Series components represent a lasting investment in quality.
Experience the XPR-1 for yourself, and discover the new reference in audiophile amplification.
XPR-1 – Nothing less than the most.
Palletized Shipping Protects Your Shipment
Since our Reference-series amplifiers are so large and heavy, we palletize (crate) them individually for shipping via LTL freight. This protects their precision electronics and fine finish from damage, and ensures that your amp will arrive in perfect condition.
- Fully balanced, fully discrete, quad Differential Reference™ circuit design.
- Fully complimentary topology.
- Ultra high current, triple Darlington output stage.
- 18 high performance 250 watt output devices, for a total of 36.
- Effortlessly drives complex speaker loads with ease; stable with virtually all real-world speakers.
- Optimized Class H™ power design with high operating efficiency.
- 2.5 kVA toroidal transformer for exceptional power reserves.
- Switchable balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA) inputs.
- Audiophile-grade, gold plated, super heavy-duty speaker terminals and machined RCA input connectors.
- Multi-element 25mm CNC milled billet aluminum faceplate.
- Variable intensity accent lighting and user-selectable stealth illumination mode.
- LED bar graph metering system with selectable ballistics; VU and Peak reading with auto release.
- Metering can be oriented for left reading, right reading, or vertical.
- Channel status LED’s indicate high temperature and fault conditions.
- Soft touch power button with in-rush limiting.
- Trigger input and output for linking to other trigger-enabled equipment.
- Switchable AC line voltage operation—115 VAC or 230 VAC /50-60Hz (auto switching).
- Topology: Fully discrete, quad differential, fully balanced, high current, short signal path Class A/B Differential Reference power amplifier with Optimized Class-H™ power supply topology.
- Number of Channels: 1
- Power Output
(rated power; THD < 0.1%):
1000 watts; into 8 Ohms.
1,750 watts into 4 Ohms.
- Rated Power Bandwidth (at rated power; 8 Ohm load): 20 Hz to 20 kHz + /- 0.1 dB.
- Minimum Recommended Load Impedance: 4 Ohms.
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 80 kHz (+ 0 / - 3 dB).
- THD + noise: < 0.0025%
- Signal to Noise Ratio (8 Ohm load):
> 118 dB at rated power (A-weighted).
> 93 dB at 1 watt (A-weighted).
- Damping Factor (8 Ohm load): > 1,000
- Speaker Output Connections:
Super heavy-duty custom Emotiva speaker binding posts - with clear acrylic insulators and heavy duty gold plated contacts; designed to accept heavy-gauge bare cables, lugs, or banana plugs.
- Power Supply:
2.5 kVA toroidal power transformer.
240,000 uF low ESR capacitor bank.
- Input sensitivity (for rated power; 8 Ohm load): 3.5 V
- Gain: 29 dB
- Input Connections:
(1) RCA; unbalanced (audiophile quality, solid brass, machined, gold plated)
Balanced (XLR); one per channel.
(1) XLR; balanced
- Input Impedance:
100k Ohms (unbalanced).
51k Ohms (balanced).
Trigger Input: 5 - 20 V (AC or DC); <10 mA input current required.
Trigger Output: 12 VDC; can drive any load up to 50 mA.
- Power Requirements: 115 VAC or 230 VAC +/- 10% @ 50 / 60 Hz (user selectable).
The XPR-1 requires a 20 Amp circuit and standard IEC 20 Amp outlet (which is different than a 15 Amp outlet). If you don’t have a proper circuit and outlet. We recommend you have one installed by a qualified electrician. We recommend that the XPR-1 be plugged into its own dedicated 20 Amp circuit.
- Protection: The XPR-1 is protected against excessive operating temperature, shorted speaker connections, ground faults, and other common fault conditions. If a fault occurs the LED above the Standby button, and the Channel Status LED and the LED Bargraph Meter LEDs will flash red. Returning the XPR-1 to Standby or switching off the AC Power will reset the protection circuitry.
unboxed: 17" wide x 9.5" high x 19.5" deep (includes feet and binding posts; requires additional 3-4" of depth clearance to accomodate the power cord).
(double) boxed: 27" length x 25" width x 16" height
- Weight: 99 lbs (net); 113 lbs (boxed)