Stereo Power Amplifier
Two for the road.
What do you do when you want the incredible sound quality and features of the legendary XPA-2, but you don’t need quite as much power? We have the perfect choice, the all-new XPA-200. Equally at home powering a superb stereo system, or the front channels of an audiophile surround sound system, the XPA-200 delivers 150 watts per channel into 8 ohms, or 240 watts per channel into 4 ohms of powerful, clean, audiophile grade audio power. The highly refined amplifier circuitry in the XPA-200 handles subtle details with finesse, while the hefty power supply provides plenty of dynamic power reserves for demanding source material.
Inside, the XPA-200 boasts the advanced engineering, high quality components, a heavy-duty toroidal transformer power supply, and our classic short signal path Class A/B technology. Also on tap is the transparent yet comprehensive protection circuitry you’ve come to expect from Emotiva. Outside, you get classic Emotiva styling, solid machined brass gold plated RCA jacks, and full-sized five-way binding posts. All the greatness of X, just smaller.
The XPA-200, enjoy your journey.
- A true audiophile-quality stereo amplifier.
- Great sounding Class A/B topology and advanced engineering.
- Top quality parts and construction.
- Real power easily drives complex loads.
- Heavy duty power supply with oversized toroidal transformer.
- Full-sized five-way binding post speaker terminals.
- Balanced and unbalanced inputs.
- Solid machined gold-plated RCA input connectors.
- Classic Emotiva styling with rugged solid steel chassis.
- 15mm solid milled aluminum faceplate.
- Low profile 2RU chassis doesn’t take up much rack space.
- Channel status LED’s.
- Remote trigger input and output.
- 115 VAC or 230 VAC with automatic detection and switching.
- Totally transparent protection circuitry – which protects you from all common fault conditions.
XPA-200 Manual (PDF)
- Topology: Fully discrete, dual differential, high current, short signal path Class A/B
- Number of Channels: 2
- Power Output
(rated power; THD < 1%):
150 watts / channel; into 8 Ohms; both channels driven.
240 watts / channel; into 4 ohms both channels driven)
- Rated Power Bandwidth (at rated power; 8 Ohm load): 20 Hz to 20 kHz + /- 0.045 dB
- Minimum Recommended Load Impedance (each channel): 4 ohms (which equals one 4 ohm load or two paralleled 8 ohm loads per channel)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 80 kHz (+ 0 / - 1 dB)
- THD + noise: < 0.02%
- Signal to Noise Ratio (8 Ohm load):
> 89 dB at 1 watt (A-weighted)
> 110 dB at rated power (A-weighted)
- Damping Factor (8 Ohm load): > 500
- Speaker Output Connections:
Full-sized 5-way binding posts; one pair per channel x 2
- Power Supply:
90,000 uF of storage capacitance
360 VA heavy duty toroidal transformer
- Input sensitivity (for rated power; 8 Ohm load): 1100 mV
- Gain: 29 dB
- Input Connections: Unbalanced (RCA); one per channel
- Input Impedance: 47 kOhms
Trigger Input: 5 - 20 V (AC or DC); <10 mA input current required
Trigger Output: 12 VDC; can drive any load up to 50 mA
- Power Requirements: 115 VAC or 230 VAC +/- 10% @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected and switched)
- Front Panel Controls and Indicators:
Standby; push button (changes color to indicate Standby or On)
Status LEDs (one per channel); illuminate blue for normal operation or red to indicate a fault (may be disabled by rear panel Status LED switch)
- Rear Panel Controls:
AC Power switch; rocker switch (switches AC mains power)
Status LEDs switch; small slide switch on left rear (disables front panel Status LEDs and dims Standby button halo lighting)
Input selector; toggle switch (selects between balanced and unbalanced inputs)
- Protection: The XPA-200 is protected against excessive operating temperature, shorted speaker connections, ground faults, and other common fault conditions.
unboxed: 17" wide x 3.875" high x 19" deep
boxed: 21 3/4" wide x 8 1/2" high x 22 1/4" deep
- Weight: 31 lbs (37 lbs boxed)