Coming Soon: XMC-1
The promise, fulfilled.
We are accepting reservations for the XMC-1. Click here to complete the reservation form.
Please note: UMC-1 40% Upgrade Certificate holders will be able to purchase the XMC-1 for $1,199.
Upgrade for Life members will be able to purchase the XMC-1 for $1,499.
Please refer to our Processor Upgrade FAQ page for detailed information.
The new Emotiva XMC-1 represents a breakthrough in audiophile-caliber multi-channel pre-amplification, HD surround decoding, post processing, and HDMI video management. It is the first product of a new generation of high performance digital audio products developed under the guidance of our Chief DSP Engineer, Ray Dennison.
The XMC-1 is a class-leading product with stellar design and unrivaled audio quality. It incorporates truly useful and highly sophisticated features, including an exclusive Emotiva specific version of the Dirac Live™ 7.2 Room Correction System.
The XMC-1 is a clean sheet design. We’ve re-thought the traditional approach to AV Processor design and rejected the notion that planned obsolesce is the norm. Built around a powerful and flexible DSP architecture controlled by an advanced ARM processor running custom Linux software, the XMC-1 provides a flexible and expandable platform that will allow it to remain current and technologically relevant for years to come. Its completely modular design allows all main system components to be upgraded as necessary. We are committed to continuously developing and expanding the capabilities and features of the XMC-1 over time with our ongoing Enhancement Program.
As a reference quality 7.2 AV processor, the XMC-1 is without peer. Its powerful decoding engine, advanced room correction system, professional caliber digital conversion, and pristine analog signal path are exceptional in every respect.
The XMC-1 is also a highly refined pure analog preamplifier, with a fully balanced audio path. Its analog performance easily meets the needs of the most demanding two-channel playback system.
As a digital source component in a computer based or networked playback system, it’s internal 24/192 USB DAC with ASRC can compete with the finest DAC’s on the market.
Simply stated, the XMC-1 sets a new standard for high-end multi-channel home theater and two-channel playback.
The Emotiva XMC-1 – The promise, fulfilled.
- Computer I/O
- 1 Ethernet port for control (RJ-45) for:
- Firmware updates.
- Streaming audio capability.
- Compatible with Control4, RTI, URC, Crestron, etc.
- Setup and control via PC/ Mac.
- Dirac Live® GUI interface control via PC/Mac.
- Firmware update via USB-A.
- Audio Capabilities
- Twin Texas Instruments DA710 32-bit floating-point, dual-core, 300 MHz DSP engines capable of 1800 MIPS each, handle all audio decoding and post processing.
- Hardware based asynchronous sample rate converters between DSP1 and DSP2 for extremely high jitter immunity.
- True 7.2 digital decoding with stereo bass management and post processing for the ultimate cinema and stereo listening experience.
- Fully independent crossover settings for fronts, center, surrounds, backs, & subs.
- Independent crossover frequencies and slope rates by channel groupings.
- Stereo subwoofer support with independent level, distance and parametric EQ.
- Selectable dynamic range control.
- Selectable true Fletcher-Munson loudness compensation.
- Selectable independent or global 11 band parametric EQ.
- Full support for multichannel DSD.
- Global bass and treble controls with selectable turnover points.
- Exclusive Dirac Live™ automatic room correction system with PC/MAC GUI for complete system control and adjustment "on-the-fly".
- Video Capabilities
- HDMI v1.4 compatible with Express View™
- Color OSD overlays and setup menus with no interruption or degradation of the native video, variable transparency.
- Dual Analog Device ADV7623 video switches for true "Bit-Perfect" HDMI switching.
- DACs and Volume Controls
- Burr-Brown PCM4202 ADC for precision 24-bit analog to digital conversion.
- Burr-Brown 24/192 DSD1793 main zone DACs.
- Dual CS3310 lossless resistor ladder volume controls for main zone. .5dB resolution.
- NJW 1298 lossless resistor ladder volume controls for secondary zones and mix out. .5dB resolution.
- Record Out (analog & S/PDIF)
- Two-channel down-mix of analog or digital source playing in main zone.
- True tape monitor loop.
- Mix Out
- Variable two-channel down-mix of analog or digital source playing in main zone - volume tracks main zone.
- Second Audio Zone
- Independent audio selection from:
- Balanced Analog In.
- Unbalanced Analog In 1-4:
- 7.1 analog in down-mix.
- AM/FM tuner (shared with main zone).
- USB Audio (2-channel only).
- Ethernet Audio (2-channel only).
- Zone 1 sync, including multichannel sources.
- Analog selections can be used with main zone off.
- Independent volume control .5dM resolution.
- Main System Micro processor
- Texas Instruments AM-1808 Sitara Arm9 32 bit 375MHz processor.
- Custom designed full graphical 256x64 OLED blue display 5.5" display width.
Sample Screen Shots:
- 7 - HDMI (6 rear, 1 front) HDMI v1.4.
- 4 - digital optical audio (Toslink) up to 24/192K.
- 4 - digital coax audio (RCA) up to 24/192K.
- 1 - pair reference quality balanced analog audio (XLR).
- 1 - pair reference quality analog audio (RCA, 3 micron gold plated Tiffany style).
- 4 - pair unbalanced analog audio (RCA).
- 1 - 7.1 channel analog input set for external source such as multichannel SACD (RCA).
- 1 - high performance AM-FM tuner - world compliant with selectable frequency step range.
- 2 - USB Type A (front & rear).
- audio file player (supports FLAC/ AAC/ WAV/MP3).
- 1 - USB-type B dedicated for high bitrate lossless streaming audio using the C-Media 6631A (24/192K).
- 1 - HDMI V1.4 with CEC and ARC.
- 1- 7.2 main outputs, analog audio (RCA, solid brass, 3 micron gold plated Tiffany style).
- 1 - 7.2 main outputs, balanced analog audio (XLR).
- 1 - optical record out, digital (Toslink) native bitrate output.
- 1 - coax record out, digital (RCA) native bit rate output.
- 1 - pair stereo line-level analog record outputs (RCA).
- 1 - pair stereo Analog Mix outputs with separate lossless NJW1298 analog volume control (RCA).
- 1 - pair stereo Analog Zone 2 outputs with separate lossless NJW1298 analog volume control (RCA).
- 1 - studio quality, high current stereo headphone output using TPA-6130 (front panel 3.5mm).
unboxed: 3RU high x 17" wide x 17" deep
*Optional rackmount available
*Specifications subject to change without notice.