Stereo Power Amplifier
The UPA-200 represents a true breakthrough in audiophile-quality amplification. At last, a truly affordable stereo power amplifier that can satisfy the most discerning aficionado, and at the same time, is affordable to anyone with a desire for real quality. Our advanced engineering and design techniques have resulted in an amazing new amplifier. Its rock solid performance and affordable price point makes it an instant classic.
The UPA-200 has all of the qualities you’d expect in a high performance, stereo power amplifier - and much more. An oversized toroidal power supply with plenty of storage reserves, wide flat frequency response, remarkably low noise and distortion, bulletproof protection, and heavy-duty construction are all classic Emotiva traits. Like all of our power amps, it’s rated to provide full power under all conditions with all channels driven. It is also perfectly capable of driving difficult loudspeakers with ease.
We recommend pairing the UPA-200 with one of our Ultra Series stereo preamplifiers or surround sound processors to create a fantastic sounding home audio system. You might also consider taking advantage of the UPA-200’s muscle and finesse to upgrade your current AV receiver for a dramatically enhanced listening experience. Use it to drive your main L&R speakers and hear what you’ve been missing.
The UPA-200’s understated styling ensures that is will blend flawlessly with any room décor, and it’s an exact match for your other Emotiva gear.
The UPA-200 – Classic Emotiva.
- A true audiophile-quality stereo amplifier.
- Advanced engineering with SMD gain blocks.
- Wideband, short signal path, class A/B design topology.
- Top quality parts and construction.
- Real power easily drives complex loads.
- Heavy-duty power supply with oversized toroidal transformer.
- Gold plated five way binding post speaker terminals.
- Gold plated RCA input terminals.
- Classic Emotiva styling with rugged solid steel chassis.
- 15mm solid milled aluminum faceplate.
- Channel status LED’s. (which can be disabled in stealth mode).
- Remote trigger input and output.
- 115 VAC or 230 VAC with automatic detection and switching.
- Full protection from all common input and output fault conditions.
- Topology: Fully discrete, dual differential, high current, short signal path Class A/B.
- Number of Channels: 2
- Power Output
(rated power; THD < 0.05%):
125 watts / channel (8 ohms; all channels driven).
200 watts / channel (4 ohms; all channels driven).
- Rated Power Bandwidth (at rated power; 8 Ohm load): 10 Hz to 20 kHz + / - 0.1 dB.
- Minimum Recommended Load Impedance: 4 ohms (which equals one 4 ohm load or two paralleled 8 ohm loads per channel).
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 80 kHz + 0 / - 2 dB.
- THD + N: < 0.03%
- Signal to Noise Ratio (8 Ohm load):
> 92 dB at 1 watt (A-weighted).
> 106 dB at rated power (A-weighted).
- Damping Factor (8 Ohm load): > 500
- Speaker Output Connections:
Full-sized 5-way binding posts; one pair per channel x 2.
- Power Supply:
350 VA high current ultra-low noise toroidal power transformer.
40,000 uF of storage capacitance.
- Input sensitivity (for rated power; 8 Ohm load): 1.1 V (for full output; 8 ohms).
- Gain: 29 dB
- Input Connections: Unbalanced (RCA); one per channel.
- Input Impedance: 47 kOhms
Trigger Input: 5 - 20 V (AC or DC); < 10 mA input current required.
Trigger Output: 12 VDC; can drive any load up to 50 mA.
- Power Requirements: 115 VAC or 230 VAC +/- 10% @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected and switched).
- Front Panel Controls and Indicators:
Standby; push button (changes color to indicate Standby or On).
Status LEDs (one per channel); illuminate blue for normal operation or red to indicate a fault (may be disabled by rear panel Status LED switch).
- Rear Panel Controls:
AC Power switch; rocker switch (switches AC mains power).
Status LEDs switch; small slide switch on left rear (disables front panel Status LEDs).
- Protection: The UPA-200 is protected against excessive operating temperature, shorted speaker connections, ground faults, and other common fault conditions. If a fault occurs, the UPA-200 will return to Standby mode, the Standby push button will light amber, and the Status LEDs will flash red.
unboxed: 17" wide x 3.375" high x 16.5" deep
- Weight: 24 lbs (net); 32 lbs (boxed)