Five-Channel Power Amplifier
Hear movies the way they were meant to be heard.
With the XPA-5, Emotiva broke the price barrier on 1,000 watt multi-channel amplifiers. But the XPA-5 is much, much more than an attractive price. We’re proud to bring no-compromise, audiophile-level performance to your home theater, together with seemingly endless reserves of power that will transform your listening experience.
Don’t compare the XPA-5 with receivers. The typical "audiophile" receiver can deliver only 120 to 140 watts of "channel power." What this means is that only one or two channels can produce that 120 watts, not all channels driven, simultaneously, at rated power, all the time, like we can with our XPA-5. Our amps produce their full rated power, with all channels driven - no excuses, no compromises, and no double-talk.
Combined with high-end parts including a massive toroidal power transformer, precision 1% metal-film resistors, encapsulated film capacitors, and glass-epoxy PC boards, it’s no wonder the XPA-5 has reached legendary status among home theater devotees. With increased clarity, enveloping soundstage, added bass impact and control - it lets you hear movies the way they were meant to be heard!
The XPA-5: Legendary power.
- Modular channel design for increased separation and reliability.
- Automatic 120/230 AC voltage detection and switching.
- Switchable status LEDs.
- Fully protected from all fault conditions.
- Soft start circuitry.
- Advanced microprocessor operating system.
- External trigger turn on.
- Soft touch power switch.
- 4RU chassis w/ solid 15mm milled aluminum faceplate.
- IEC power inlet.
- Output topology: discrete Darlington with On Semi output devices.
- Input topology: dual differential with cross coupled active current sources.
- Input: balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA), selectable.
- Output: audiophile quality 5 way binding post.
- Display type: dual color channel status indicators.
Stereophile (November, 2011)
X-Series Amplifier Manual (PDF)
- Number of channels: 5
- Signal to Noise Ratio:
1 watt: > 97 dB
Full power: >111 dB
- Input impedance:
- unbalanced: 23.5 kohms
- balanced: 33 kohms
- Transformer rating: 1,200VA
- Secondary capacitance: 60,000uF
- Output devices: 6 per channel
- Topology: fully discrete, dual differential, high current, short signal path Class A/B
- Power output (all channels driven):
300 watts RMS @ 4 ohm (0.1% THD)
200 watts RMS @ 8 ohm (0.1% THD)
- Rated power bandwidth: 20 Hz to 20 kHz with less than .05 dB deviation at rated power
- Broadband frequency response (-3 dB): 5Hz to 150kHz
- Amplifier gain: 32 dB
- unboxed: 17” wide x 7 3/4” high x 19” deep
- boxed: 23 1/2" wide x 12" high x 24 3/4" deep
- Weight: 72.6 lbs (83.8 lbs boxed)