CD Player/Digital Transport
The antidote to kilobuck players.
You've seen audiophile CD players built with with vault-like solidity and precision, using the most advanced transport mechanisms and D/A conversion on the planet. You'd love to have one in your equipment rack - but the multi-kilobuck price makes it a no-go.
Not any more. Our new ERC-2 Differential Reference CD Player/Digital Transport redefines the price/performance equation. Every aspect of its engineering is top of class, from the Toshiba slot-loading CD mechanism, to multiple regulated power supplies, to the Analog Devices DAC and discrete differential output stage. The result is CD player performance that is second to none.
As a transport, you'll enjoy AES/EBU digital output via XLR, as well as coaxial and optical digital outputs, making the ERC-2 the perfect match for our XDA-2 Differential Reference™ DAC.
Rediscover your CD collection and rekindle your love of music with the new ERC-2. It's much, much more than ones and zeros.
- Balanced and single-ended analog outputs.
- Balanced AES/EBU, coaxial, and TOSLINK digital outputs.
- Advanced Analog Devices AD1955 DAC with 384X oversampling filter.
- Refined I/V conversion and discrete dual-differential line amplifier stage.
- Discrete single-ended line stage for RCA outputs.
- High performance Toshiba slot loading CD mechanism for safe disc handling.
- Individually regulated and shielded power supplies for CD mechanism, VFD display, microprocessor, and digital and analog sections for low noise floor and distortion.
ERC-2 Owner's Manual
ERC-2 Hex Codes
- Output voltage: 1V rms nominal (7V peak)
- Channel separation: > 95 dB - ref. 1kHz
- Frequency response: 10-20Khz (+/- 0.1 dB)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >100 dB (A weighted）
- THD: <0.01％ 0 dB 1KHz）
- Playback formats: Redbook CD, HDCD, MP3
- Sampling frequency: 44.1 kHz
- Digital output filter: 24-Bit, 384 times oversampling (Analog Devices AD1955)
- Analog output filter frequency: 80 kHz
- Amplitude output linearity: 0.2 dB
- Phase linearity: 30°
- Power consumption: < 25W
- Output connection types: EAS/EBU, digital coaxial, digital optical toslink, unbalanced RCA, balanced XLR
unboxed: 17" wide x 4 1/16" high x 14 3/8" deep
boxed: 22" wide x 7 3/4" high x 18" deep
- Weight: 17.9 lbs (23.7 lbs boxed)