Reference quality meets remote-control convenience in this do-all preamp.
Step up from your multi-channel AVR or processor and discover just how amazing your stereo sources can be with our USP-1 preamplifier. When treated to a proper stereo signal path, using the highest-quality components, you’ll be stunned at the rich tonal quality and amazing detail you get from your CD and phono sources.
Did we say phono? Yes, we did! Rediscover your vinyl with the USP-1’s high-performance moving magnet and moving coil phono preamp stages. Or, if you’re wondering just how much more detailed those CDs can sound, the USP-1 is a great match for our ERC-2 Differential Reference CD player.
Best of all, you won’t have to give up convenience to get reference-quality sound. The USP-1 ships with our milled aluminum remote control, offering full functionality and easy integration with a full Emotiva system.
The USP-1: Analog Control Center
Some exclusions apply. Sale price may not be combined with another promotion.
- Precision low noise phono input with moving magnet or moving coil capability.
- Seven stereo inputs with precision instrumentation grade relay switching.
- Microprocessor controlled pure analog signal path.
- Milled aluminum full-function remote control.
- Gold-plated discrete RCA connectors for all inputs and outputs.
- Variable low pass / high pass filters - 12 dB /Octave slope.
- Tape output and tape input.
- 2.1 channel home theater bypass.
- Stereo / mono switching.
- Large format precision film volume potentiometer with motorized control.
- Headphone output.
- Illuminated input indicators (Halo Backlit).
- 12V trigger output.
- IEC power inlet, 120/230 VAC user configurable.
- AVR/Processor integration.
- 2.1 bass management system.
USP-1 Owner's Manual
- Moving coil: 240 Ohm
- Moving magnet: 47kOhm
- Input impedance line in: 47K Ohm +/-5%
- Signal to Noise Ratio (rel 2V out): > 116 dB
- Distortion: < 0.005% 20Hz - 20kHz with 80kHz measurement bandwidth
- Frequency response: 5Hz - 80kHz, with less than 0.05 dB of deviation
- Line out freq. response: 5Hz - 80kHz, with less than 0.05 dB of deviation
- Maximum line out level: 9V RMS
- Ground floor noise level: > 20uV
- Channel separation @ 1kHz: > 80 dB (same as line)
- Built-in filters:
- High pass = variable 50Hz - 250 Hz @ 12 dB/Octave
- Low Pass = Variable 50Hz o- 250 Hz @ 12 dB/Octave, Summed L+R Mono
- Trigger Output: 12 VDC, 3.5mm jack, Center Pin is Positive / Current Load < 120mA
- Electrical Power Requirement: 115VAC, 60Hz or 230VAC, 50-60Hz User Selectable
- unboxed: 17" wide x 4 1/16" high x 14 5/8" deep
- boxed: 22 5/8" wide x 8" high x 19 3/8" deep
- Weight: 13.2 lbs (19.8 lbs boxed)