7.1 Home Theater
Redefining “entry level” home theater.
Don’t settle for an ordinary receiver—or another “entry level” processor/preamp when you can have true high-end performance at an amazingly affordable price. Emotiva’s all-new UMC-200 will have you up and running fast with audiophile quality sound and super-responsive video. The UMC-200 delivers superb performance that no other processor near its price can match. It handles HD video and full 24/192 audio with ease, and can have you up and running with minimal fuss or bother - yet it still provides you with all the comprehensive in-depth control you need to customize its performance, just the way you want it.
Getting started with the UMC-200 is easy. Just connect your sources, plug in the included calibration mic, and use the all-new EmoQ™ Gen 2 enhanced multi-channel automatic room correction to automatically adjust your system and room acoustics to perfection. Now you can start enjoying all the latest HD audio and video standards, including DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS Neo:6, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, and Pro Logic IIz. The performance will blow you away!
In the past, switching video inputs was often slow and unreliable, but not with the UMC-200. Thanks to Xpressview™ switching technology, switching between HDMI inputs on the UMC-200 is clean and concise, and requires as little as a second. On the UMC-200, the HDMI output and all the inputs are fully HDMI 1.4 compliant, and the UMC-200 supports 3D, and CEC, and will accept an ARC input from your TV for even more flexibility. We’ve even included a convenient feature called Video-On-Standby, which can be configured to send audio and video to your TV even when UMC-200 is switched into standby mode; now your kids can watch cartoons without having to turn on “the big system”. Another great feature called Last Video Memory that lets you continue to view the last selected video input when you choose an audio-only source—ideal for listening to the game on your favorite radio station while watching the video coverage on a different channel, or for entertaining with music from digital and analog sources, while your selected video plays in the background. We’ve even included a special lock function that keeps your system settings safe from accidental change.
To ensure that the UMC-200 fulfills its duties as the nerve center of a serious home theater system, we’ve equipped it with a comprehensive assortment of audio inputs. The UMC-200 has four pairs of stereo analog inputs and a separate 7.1 channel set of pure analog direct inputs for connecting an SACD player or external surround source. Complementing these is a full assortment of digital audio inputs (including two Toslink and 2 Coax S/PDIF inputs). You can also send audio to the UMC-200 via Bluetooth from your mobile phone or portable audio device with our optional Bluetooth module, which includes support for the latest apt-X™ high-quality audio CODEC’s. We’ve even included a high quality AM/FM tuner. Audio outputs on the UMC-200 include a full set of 7.1 main outputs, a balanced subwoofer output, a separate stereo down-mix output, and two fully assignable stereo zone outputs.
Even though the automatic calibration on the UMC-200 makes it easy to get started and delivers great sound, we haven't forgotten the serious audiophile. We’ve included a full array of calibration options for those who prefer to manually tweak the performance of the UMC-200 to absolute perfection. These include a flexible quadruple bass management system, eleven user programmable fully parametric equalizers on each main channel, configurable speaker crossover points and slopes, and outputs for both balanced and unbalanced subwoofers, and the ability to bi-amp the main front channels.
Redefine your expectations for entry-level home theater—start with the UMC-200. Add one of our critically acclaimed UPA-series multichannel amplifiers, and you’ll enter a world of true audiophile quality cinema and music.
- Exceptional video performance with 4 HDMI 1.4 inputs and one HDMI 1.4 output, with full support for 3D, CEC, and ARC.
- AD 7623 HDMI switch, with Xpressview™ switching, provides fast, clean input selection.
- Stunning High Definition Surround Sound with Twin Cirrus® 32-bit dual-core fixed-point DSP’s.
- Support for all current surround formats, including Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, Dolby Pro Logic IIz, DTS, DTS ES, DTS HD, DTS HD Master Audio, DTS Neo:6, SPDIF, PCM 8 channel (note: some audio formats are only supported via HDMI).
- Advanced Emo-Q Gen2™ automatic multi-channel room correction and loudspeaker setup gets you started fast (calibrated measurement microphone included).
- Flexible quadruple bass management, with 12dB or 24 dB per octave crossover filters, configurable in precise 5 Hz steps below 80 Hz (and 10 Hz steps above 80 Hz), helps you get the best bass performance from virtually any room and subwoofer.
- Eleven user-programmable fully parametric equalizers per main channel provide exceptional manual control over room acoustics (with storage for three separate configurations).
- Separate 7.1 channel pure analog direct input for connecting SACD or other surround sources.
- Optional Bluetooth 3.0 module support for full CD quality audio from mobile devices with apt-X™.
- Zone 2 and Zone 3 audio, for flexible playback options throughout your home.
- Balanced and unbalanced subwoofer outputs provide additional options for long cable runs or multiple subwoofers.
- Video-On-Standby sends audio and video to the display even when the UMC-200 is in standby mode.
- The UMC-200 will return to the last selected input when powered on.
- Last Video Memory allows viewing of one source while listening to another.
- High quality headphone amp included for private listening.
- Comprehensive control via full-color OSD (on screen display) over live video with adjustable transparency.
- All adjustments are made in real time over live video and audio).
- Ergonomic custom remote control included.
It's time to upgrade!
*Purchase the new UMC-200 and receive 25% off Emotiva processors for life (details). If you hold a Generation 2 processor upgrade certificate you may redeem it for 40% off the UMC-200. This discount applies to our retail price and may not be combined with special sales pricing or other promotions. To redeem your upgrade, or for additional information, please call 877-366-8324.
UMC-200 Remote Codes
UMC-200 Owner's Manual
- 4 HDMI Inputs all inputs HDMI 1.4 compliant, with 3D and CEC support
- 1 HDMI Output HDMI 1.4 compliant, with ARC support
- Analog Inputs 4 stereo pairs and 1 7.1 channel unbalanced;direct
- Digital Inputs S/PDIF, Coax, and 2 Toslink Optical
- USB InputAccepts Emotiva Bluetooth dongle only
- Analog Outputs 1 7.1 channel (unbalanced), 1 subwoofer (balanced), 1 stereo pair (unbalanced), and 2 stereo pairs (Zone 2 and Zone 3).
- Antenna Inputs 1 AM and 1 FM
- 2 Trigger Outputs
- 1 IR Input
- 1 IR Output
- Remote Control Full function infrared remote control with CEC sub panel
- Display (on-screen) Full color OSD over live video
- Display (front panel) Two line alphanumeric High visibility blue VFD (dimmable)
unboxed: 17” W x 14” D x 3-1/4” H
boxed: 21” W x 18” D x 7.5” H
- Weight: 10 lbs (16 lbs boxed)