Five-Channel Reference Power Amplifier
Power. Finesse. Control.
From the moment you encounter our new XPR-5 in person, you’ll know it is no ordinary power amplifier. The XPR-5 is different from anything we’ve ever done before. It’s Reference by Emotiva, and you have to see it and hear it to believe it.
The XPR-5 faceplate is made of 25 millimeters of solid billet aluminum; tooled, machined, engraved, and finished like fine jewelry. The oversized Emotiva logo is laser embossed on the faceplate, and an array of 60 dual color LEDs forms a high performance metering system that is hidden behind a smoked polycarbonate window. Five high efficiency Optimized Class H™ power amplifier modules are powered by a huge 3.3 kVA toroidal power supply with simply amazing power reserves. Jewel-like oversized, machined, and gold plated input and output connectors ensure that what goes in comes out with the highest possible fidelity. The XPR-5 is controlled, monitored, and protected by an advanced ARM-7 microprocessor with a custom operating system for absolute reliability; for what good is power without control? This philosophy is at the heart of every component in the new Emotiva Reference Series.
The XPR-5 effortlessly delivers 400 watts per channel into 8 Ohms and 600 watts per channel into 4 Ohms with all channels driven, with vanishingly low noise and distortion. But, just as importantly, it does so with grace and finesse that belies its massive power output capabilities. We’ve put over 30 years of experience into this new Emotiva Reference power amplifier, an instrument that will set a new performance standard for multichannel amplification. You must experience for yourself what unlimited headroom and control can do for your music and movies. It’s a revelation. Quite simply, the XPR-5 is a beautiful amplifier, both visually and audibly.
XPR-5 – Power. Finesse. Control.
- A true reference quality power amplifier optimized for use in high-end
multi-channel sound systems.
- Superb sound quality and massive power reserves.
- Effortlessly drives complex loads with ease.
- Stable with virtually all real-world speakers.
- Wide band, short signal path, high current class A/B amplifier design topology.
- Optimized Class H™ power supply for high operating efficiency.
- Massive 3.3 kVA toroidal power supply with huge power reserves.
- Audiophile-grade, gold plated, super heavy duty speaker terminals.
- Independently switchable balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA) inputs.
- Gold-plated machined RCA input connectors.
- Rugged steel chassis with reinforced construction.
- High quality precision components used throughout.
- Multi-element 25 mm milled solid aluminum faceplate.
- Laser engraved Emotiva logo.
- Exclusive Reference Series accent lighting (with variable intensity).
- LED Bargraph metering system with selectable ballistics.
- Channel Status LEDs indicate high temperature and fault conditions.
- User selectable multi-stage Stealth Illumination Mode.
- Soft Touch power button.
- Fully protected from all common fault conditions.
- Trigger input and output for linking to other trigger-enabled equipment.
- AC line voltage operation - 115 VAC or 230 VAC (switchable).
XPR-5 Manual (PDF)
- Topology: Fully discrete, dual differential, high current, short signal path Class A/B amplification with Optimized Class-H™ power supply topology.
- Number of Channels: 5
- Power Output
(rated power; THD < 0.1%):
400 watts / channel (x5); all channels driven; into 8 Ohms.
600 watts / channel (x5); all channels driven; into 4 Ohms.
500 watts / channel (x2); two channels driven; into 8 Ohms.
750 watts / channel (x2); two channels driven; into 4 Ohms.
575 watts / channel (x1); one channel driven; into 8 Ohms.
1100 watts (1 .1 kW) / channel (x1); one channel driven; into 4 Ohms.
- Rated Power Bandwidth (at rated power; 8 Ohm load): 20 Hz to 20 kHz + /- 0.01 dB.
- Minimum Recommended Load Impedance (each channel): 4 Ohms (which equals one 4 Ohm load or two paralleled 8 Ohm loads per channel).
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 80 kHz (+ 0 / - 1 dB).
- THD + noise: < 0.015%
- Signal to Noise Ratio (8 Ohm load):
> 93 dB at 1 watt (A-weighted).
> 109 dB at rated power (A-weighted).
- Damping Factor (8 Ohm load): > 500
- Speaker Output Connections:
Super heavy duty audiophile speaker binding posts - with clear acrylic insulators and heavy duty gold plated contacts; designed to accept heavy-gauge bare cables, lugs, or banana plugs.
- Power Supply:
3.3 kVA toroidal power transformer.
180,000 uF of storage capacitance.
- Input sensitivity (for rated power; 8 Ohm load): 1.875 V
- Gain: 29 dB
- Input Connections:
Unbalanced (Tiffany style, audiophile quality, gold plated RCA); one per channel.
Balanced (XLR); one per channel.
Each input may be independently switched to either unbalanced or balanced.
- Input Impedance:
47 kOhms (unbalanced).
22 kOhms (balanced).
Trigger Input: 5 - 20 V (AC or DC); <10 mA input current required.
Trigger Output: 12 VDC; can drive any load up to 50 mA.
- Power Requirements: 115 VAC or 230 VAC +/- 10% @ 50 / 60 Hz (user selectable).
The XPR-5 requires a 20 Amp circuit and standard IEC 20 Amp outlet (which is different than a 15 Amp outlet).If you don’t have a proper circuit and outlet, we recommend you have one installed by a qualified electrician.We recommend that the XPR-5 be plugged into its own dedicated 20 Amp circuit.
- Protection: The XPR-5 is protected against excessive operating temperature, shorted speaker connections, ground faults, and other common fault conditions. If a fault occurs on one or more channels of the XPR-5, the LED above the Standby button, and the Channel Status LEDs and the LED Bargraph Meter LEDs associated with the channel that is reporting the fault will flash red. Returning the XPR-5 to Standby or switching off the AC Power will reset the protection circuitry.
unboxed: 17" wide x 9.5" high x 19.5" deep (includes feet and binding posts; requires additional 3-4" of depth clearance to accomodate the power cord).
(double) boxed: 27" length x 25" width x 16" height
- Weight: 94 lbs (net); 108 lbs (boxed)