Supercharge your home theater with
The typical receiver is a series of compromises. It's give and take - size, cost, power, performance - you can't have it all. But in order to deliver a lifelike, clear and engaging cinematic and musical experience, you need real power—and lots of it.
This is where the XPA-3 comes in. Use the XPA-3 to power your left, center and right speakers, and let the receiver take care of the surrounds. You'll notice an amazing improvement in detail and dynamics, and an exceptional improvement in the clarity and natural presentation of voices and instruments. Wait until the action starts, and then... hold on!
Like all of our X series amps, the XPA-3 is a brute. When we say 600 watts, we mean 600 watts. That's the minimum output power of the XPA-3, with all channels driven. No excuses. Just real, honest power.
For even more amazing performance, combine the XPA-3 with an XPA-2 for an absolutely knockout 5 channel system.
The XPA-3: Supercharger.
Some exclusions apply. Sale price may not be combined with another promotion.
- Modular channel design for increased separation and reliability.
- Automatic 120/230 AC voltage detection and switching.
- Switchable metering and status LEDs.
- Fully protected from all fault conditions.
- Soft start circuitry.
- Advanced microprocessor operating system.
- External trigger turn on.
- Soft touch power switch.
- 4RU chassis w/ solid 15mm milled aluminum faceplate.
- IEC power inlet.
- Output topology: discrete Darlington with On Semi output devices.
- Input topology: dual differential with cross coupled active current sources.
- Input: balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA), selectable.
- Output: audiophile quality 5 way binding post.
- Display type: dual color channel status indicators.
AudioReview.com (January, 2010)
X-Series Amplifier Manual (PDF)
- Number of channels: 3
- Input impedance:
unbalanced: 47 kohms
balanced: 33 kohms
- Transformer rating: 850VA
- Secondary capacitance: 60,000uF
- Output devices: 6 per channel
- Amplifier gain: 32 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio
1 watt: > 98 dB
Full power: < 112 dB
- Topology: fully discrete, dual differential, high current, short signal path Class A/B
- Power output (all channels driven):
300 watts RMS @ 4 ohm (0.1% THD)
200 watts RMS @ 8 ohm (0.1% THD)
- Rated power bandwidth: 20 Hz to 20 kHz with less than .05 dB deviation at rated power
- Broadband frequency response (-3 dB): 5Hz to 150kHz
- unboxed: 17” wide x 7 3/4” high x 19” deep
- boxed: 23 1/2" wide x 12" high x 24 3/4" deep
- Weight: 57.2 lbs (68.5 lbs boxed)