Stereo Power Amplifier
Dynamic power and finesse are on tap in this two-channel masterpiece.
A few years ago, you’d have to pay thousands for power and finesse like this. Consider the massive toroidal power supply, 24 high-current output devices, and an elegant and sophisticated power amp design that delivers 300W into 8 ohms, and 500W into 4 ohms with both channels driven. The XPA-2 provides serious headroom, the kind that really wakes up your speakers. Enjoy the tight, controlled bass and effortlessly detailed highs.
Go ahead. Use the XPA-2 in the finest music-only stereo listening rooms, or set it up for ultimate authority and control over the front channels in your home theater. Its enhanced power capabilities will provide even more authority and control than the XPA-3 or XPA-5.
Listen to your jazz open up and breathe like never before. Hear that favorite symphony recording gain a new level of dynamics and sense of tangibility. Feel a part of the action and excitement of movies like never before. Crank up a concert and get lost in it.
It’s a beast. A monster. A gorilla. An abominable snowman on steroids. It's a rock concert in an 80 pound box. And by the way, it's also delicate, graceful, and just plain beautiful.
The XPA-2: Power and Finesse.
- Modular channel design for greater channel separation.
- Automatic 120/230 AC voltage detection and switching.
- Multi segment bar graph output level meters with clip detect.
- Metering and status LED on/off switches.
- Fully protected from all fault conditions.
- Soft start circuitry.
- Advanced microprocessor operating system.
- External trigger turn on.
- Soft touch power switch.
- 4RU chassis w/ solid 15mm milled aluminum faceplate.
- IEC power inlet.
- Output topology: discrete triple Darlington with On Semi output devices.
- Input topology: dual differential input.
- Input: balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA), switchable.
- Output: audiophile quality 5 way binding posts.
- Display type: digital status indicators.
X-Series Amplifier Manual (PDF)
- Number of channels: 2
- Topology: fully discrete, dual differential, high current, short signal path Class A/B
- Power output (all channels driven):
500 watts RMS @ 4 ohm (0.1% THD)
300 watts RMS @ 8 ohm (0.1% THD)
- Rated power bandwidth: 20 Hz to 20 kHz with less than .05 dB deviation at rated power
- Output devices: 12 per channel
- Broadband frequency response: (-3 dB): 5Hz to 150kHz
- Amplifier gain: 32 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio:
- 1 watt: >91 dB
- Full power: >114 dB
- Input impedance:
- unbalanced: 23.5kohms
- balanced: 33kohm
- Transformer size: 1,200VA
- Secondary capacitance: 45,000uF
- unboxed: 17” wide x 7 3/4” high x 19” deep
- boxed: 23 1/2" wide x 12" high x 24 3/4" deep
- Weight: 72.4 lbs (83.4 lbs boxed)