Stereo Power Amplifier
The next generation of legendary two-channel performance.
The first generation XPA-2 set the bar for power and finesse at a price thousands less than the competition. Now, the new XPA-2 Gen 2 adds even more refinement, even greater capability, and exciting new features.
All-New Inside and Out
Inside, we’ve refined our classic differential input, short signal path Class A/B topology to deliver a stunningly low noise floor, so details of your music and movies emerge from a deep black background. Outside, we’ve added solid machined gold plated RCA jacks, high-quality gold plated contact toggle switches, and sleeker, refined aesthetics, and a completely new high strength precision chassis for added durability and an even more impressive look in your rack.
For the serious enthusiast, you have the choice of running the XPA-2 as a high-quality stereo amplifier, or a 1,000 watt monoblock. Just flip the switch to Monoblock Mode, and unleash stunning power and ultimate flexibility. This makes the XPA-2 Gen 2 a great upgrade path—start with a single stereo amp, and then add a second one later to experience the power and dynamic headroom of monoblocks!
Infuses New Life into Music and Movies
Go ahead. Use the XPA-2 Gen 2 in your critical music-only system, or set it up for ultimate authority and control over the main front channels in your multi-channel system. When combined with the new XPA-5 Gen 2 power amp driving your center and surrounds, you have the powerful foundation for the ultimate 7.1 home theater experience. Listen to your jazz open up and breathe like never before. Hear that favorite symphony recording gain a new level of dynamics and sense of realism. Feel like you’re a part of the action in today’s blockbuster movies. Crank up a rock concert and get lost in its power and energy.
The previous XPA-2 has been called “a beast, a monster, an abominable snowman on steroids.” Now, the XPA-2 Gen 2 has been sent to finishing school. It’s your conduit to the pure power and majesty of music and movies—distilled into a beautifully designed and precision-crafted 73-lb powerhouse.
The XPA-2: pure power, refined.
- Refined and optimized dual differential Class A/B topology.
- Stereo Mode and Mono-Block Mode for exceptional flexibility.
- New precision engineered chassis w/ solid 15mm milled aluminum faceplate Automatic 120/230 AC voltage detection and switching.
- High-speed Multi segment bar graph output level meters with clip detect.
- Metering and status LED on/off switches.
- Fully protected from all fault conditions.
- Soft start circuitry.
- Advanced microprocessor operating system.
- External trigger turn on and trigger output.
- Soft touch power switch.
- Input: balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA), switchable.
- High current match pair on semi output devices.
- Heavy duty Audiophile quality gold plated 5 way binding posts.
- Number of channels: 2 (stereo mode), 1 (monoblock mode)
- Topology: fully discrete, highly optimized dual differential, high current, short signal path Class A/B with premium components throughout
- Power output (all channels driven):
1000 watts RMS @ 8 ohm (Mono-Block mode)
500 watts RMS per channel @ 4 ohm (0.12% THD)
300 watts RMS per channel @ 8 ohm (0.07% THD)
- Rated power bandwidth: 20 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 0.07dB
- Broadband frequency response: : 5Hz to 100kHz, +0 -3dB
- Amplifier gain: 29 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio:
1 watt: > 97 dB
Full power: > 121 dB
- Input impedance:
balanced: 33 kohms
- Power supply: 1,200VA toroidal transformer with 45,000uF low ESR storage capacitance
- unboxed: 17” wide x 7 3/4” high x 19” deep
- boxed: 23 1/2" wide x 12" high x 24 3/4" deep
- Weight: 72.6 lbs (83.5 lbs boxed)