Seven-Channel Power Amplifier
We've got your back.
You spoke, and we listened! The UPA-700 seven-channel power amplifier delivers seven channels of superb quality audio, reliably and efficiently, in an elegant, compact, and stylish package – and does so at an amazing price. The UPA-700 has plenty of power to provide a truly dynamic cinema and music experience, with the incredibly smooth frequency response and low noise you've come to expect from Emotiva. You'll clearly discern every nuance in a well recorded piece of music or a crowded scene with complex dialog and effects. Inside, it boasts our proven short signal path class A/B topology, an oversized toroidal power supply, sophisticated protection circuitry, and top quality construction. On the outside you get our classic solid milled aluminum faceplate tied to a heavy steel chassis with full-sized five-way binding posts, gold plated RCA jacks, and informative front panel status LEDs. The UPA-700’s quality construction and conservative ratings enable it to deliver full power, even with all channels driven, and our advanced engineering ensures that it will deliver the goods year after year, hour after hour, even into complex or difficult loads.
We recommend pairing the UPA-700 with one of our Ultra Series surround pre-amp/processors to create an exciting seven-channel surround system. You can also dramatically upgrade your listening experience in a simple and economical way by substituting the UPA-700 for the power amplifier section in an otherwise excellent surround sound receiver. You’ll be amazed at how much difference having a real audiophile power amp makes.
Yet another possibility for the adventurous type is to use the UPA-700 to power a five-channel surround system... and bi-amp the front channels for the absolute ultimate in clarity and definition. Or how about using the extra two channels in a 5.1 system to drive your Zone 2 loudspeakers? Whichever way you choose to go, you can’t lose with the UPA-700. Your ears and your wallet will thank you.
- A true audiophile-quality seven-channel amplifier.
- Advanced engineering with our proven short signal path class A/B design topology.
- Top quality parts and construction.
- Real power on tap to easily drive complex loads.
- Heavy duty power supply with oversized toroidal transformer.
- Gold-plated five-way binding post output terminals.
- Classic Emotiva styling with rugged solid steel chassis.
- 15mm solid milled aluminum faceplate.
- Channel status LED’s.
- Stealth mode (status LEDs and Standby button halo lighting can be switched off).
- Remote trigger input and output.
- 115 VAC or 230 VAC with automatic detection and switching.
- Full protection from all common input and output fault conditions.
UPA-700 Manual (PDF)
- Topology: Fully discrete, dual differential, high current, short signal path Class A/B
- Number of Channels: 7
- Power Output
(rated power; THD < 0.01%):
100 watts / channel (4 ohms; all channels driven)
80 watts / channel (8 ohms; all channels driven)
- Rated Power Bandwidth (at rated power; 8 Ohm load): 10 Hz to 20 kHz + /- 0.06 dB
- Minimum Recommended Load Impedance (each channel): 4 ohms (which equals one 4 ohm load or two paralleled 8 ohm loads per channel)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 80 kHz (+ 0 / - 3 dB)
- THD + noise: < 0.01%
- Signal to Noise Ratio (8 Ohm load):
> 97 dB at 1 watt (A-weighted)
> 116 dB at rated power (A-weighted)
- Damping Factor (8 Ohm load): > 500
- Speaker Output Connections:
Full-sized 5-way binding posts; one pair per channel x 7
- Power Supply:
60,000 uF of storage capacitance
- Input sensitivity (for rated power; 8 Ohm load): 870 mV
- Gain: 29 dB
- Input Connections: Unbalanced (RCA); one per channel
- Input Impedance: 47 kOhms
Trigger Input: 5 - 20 V (AC or DC); <10 mA input current required
Trigger Output: 12 VDC; can drive any load up to 50 mA
- Power Requirements: 115 VAC or 230 VAC +/- 10% @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected and switched)
- Front Panel Controls and Indicators:
Standby; push button (changes color to indicate Standby or On)
Status LEDs (one per channel); illuminate blue for normal operation or red to indicate a fault (may be disabled by rear panel Status LED switch)
- Rear Panel Controls:
AC Power switch; rocker switch (switches AC mains power)
Status LEDs switch; small slide switch on left rear (disables front panel Status LEDs and dims Standby button halo lighting)
- Protection: The UPA-700 is protected against excessive operating temperature, shorted speaker connections, ground faults, and other common fault conditions. If a fault occurs, the UPA-700 will return to Standby mode, the Standby push button will light amber, and the Status LEDs will flash red.
unboxed: 17" wide x 6" high x 16 5/16" deep
boxed: 21" wide x 10" high x 22" deep
- Weight: 29 lbs (38.5 lbs boxed)