Five-Channel Power Amplifier
Our little secret.
The UPA-500 delivers stunning sound quality, advanced engineering, and an elegant aesthetic at an unusually reasonable price point. It is the most amazing price-to-performance ratio available in today’s market. The UPA-500 has all of the qualities you’d expect in a high performance, multi-channel amplifier and much more: oversized power supply with plenty of storage reserves, wide flat frequency response, remarkably low noise and distortion, bulletproof protection, and heavy duty construction. Like all of our power amps, it’s rated to provide full power under all conditions with all channels driven. It is also perfectly capable of driving even the most difficult of loudspeakers.
We recommend pairing the UPA-500 with one of our UltraSeries surround sound pre-amp/processors to create a fantastic sounding and comprehensive home theater system. You might also consider taking advantage of the UPA-500’s muscle and finesse to upgrade your current surround receiver for a dramatically enhanced listening experience. The UPA-500’s understated styling ensures that is will blend flawlessly with any room décor and is an exact match to the classic Emotiva design appearance.
The UPA-500 – Don’t tell them how little you paid for it; it’ll be our secret..
- A true audiophile-quality multi-channel amplifier.
- Advanced engineering with our proven class A/B design topology.
- Top quality parts and construction.
- Real power easily drives complex loads.
- Heavy duty power supply with oversized toroidal transformer.
- Gold plated five way binding post output terminals.
- Classic Emotiva styling with rugged solid steel chassis.
- 15mm solid milled aluminum faceplate.
- Channel status LED’s.
- Stealth mode (status LEDs and Standby button halo lighting can be switched off).
- Remote trigger input and output.
- 115 VAC or 230 VAC with automatic detection and switching.
- Full protection from all common input and output fault conditions.
- Topology: Fully discrete, dual differential, high current, short signal path Class A/B
- Number of Channels: 5
- Power Output
(rated power; THD < 0.01%):
120 watts / channel (4 ohms; all channels driven)
80 watts / channel (8 ohms; all channels driven)
- Rated Power Bandwidth (at rated power; 8 Ohm load): 10 Hz to 20 kHz + /- 0.06 dB
- Minimum Recommended Load Impedance (each channel): 4 ohms (which equals one 4 ohm load or two paralleled 8 ohm loads per channel)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 70 kHz (+ 0 / - 3 dB)
- THD + noise: < 0.01%
- Signal to Noise Ratio (8 Ohm load):
> 96 dB at 1 watt (A-weighted)
> 117 dB at rated power (A-weighted)
- Damping Factor (8 Ohm load): > 500
- Speaker Output Connections:
Full-sized 5-way binding posts; one pair per channel x 5
- Power Supply:
40,000 uF of storage capacitance
- Input sensitivity (for rated power; 8 Ohm load): 850 mV
- Gain: 29 dB
- Input Connections: Unbalanced (RCA); one per channel
- Input Impedance: 47 kOhms
Trigger Input: 5 - 20 V (AC or DC); <10 mA input current required
Trigger Output: 12 VDC; can drive any load up to 50 mA
- Power Requirements: 115 VAC or 230 VAC +/- 10% @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected and switched)
- Front Panel Controls and Indicators:
Standby; push button (changes color to indicate Standby or On)
Status LEDs (one per channel); illuminate blue for normal operation or red to indicate a fault (may be disabled by rear panel Status LED switch)
- Rear Panel Controls:
AC Power switch; rocker switch (switches AC mains power)
Status LEDs switch; small slide switch on left rear (disables front panel Status LEDs and dims Standby button halo lighting)
- Protection: The UPA-500 is protected against excessive operating temperature, shorted speaker connections, ground faults, and other common fault conditions. If a fault occurs, the UPA-500 will return to Standby mode, the Standby push button will light amber, and the Status LEDs will flash red.
unboxed: 17" wide x 4 1/16" high x 16 5/16" deep
boxed: 22 1/2" wide x 8 1/2" high x 22 1/4" deep
- Weight: 22.9 lbs (29.4 lbs boxed)